The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 13th and runs through Sunday, May 19th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 7.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. – From the Bout of Books team
Declaration of Participation:
I do solemnly swear, blah, blah, blah etc. etc. READ! This time, however, I’m going to be doing things a little bit differently. For my own reasons, I am choosing to forgo the daily updates on the blog. I will still have goals (see below) but they will be general, low-key, and most importantly low stress! Instead, I’ll be updating through Twitter (using the hashtag #boutofbooks) and GoodReads. I may decide to do a wrap up post with a summary of my progress, but I want this to be as low pressure as possible, so we’ll see.
Keeping all of the above in mind, here are my goals for the week:
- Get myself out of my reading slump.
- Attend all the Twitter chats (I should be able to this time!)
- Clear out some of the library books that have already been renewed once (or TWICE!)
- Above all DO NOT STRESS! If it becomes stressful, I am not doing it right, and you have my permission to tell me so, okay?
And a few books that may be on the docket – I’m not good with reading off a list, especially during a reading slump, so these may be completely wrong (entries with a “*” following are books I’ve already started and should finish soon):
- Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble by HP Mallory*
- Serpent’s Kiss by Thea Harrison*
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by JK Rowling*
- The Neverending Story by Michael Ende*
- Incarnate by Jodi Meadows*
- Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness
- Dodger by Terry Pratchett
- The Runaway King by Jennifer E. Smith
- Dr. Frankenstein’s Daughters by Suzanne Weyn
- Shades of Earth by Beth Revis
- The Madness Underneath by Maureen Johnson*
And many, many more.
Everyone have fun this week! Find me on Twitter!