Clock Rewinders on a Book Binge is where Tara @ 25 Hour Books and Amanda @ On a Book Bender shamelessly plug each other, share the fantastic posts, giveaways, or whatever else we’ve found and loved by other awesome bloggers (or authors!) during the week, and talk about the books we plan on reading in the coming week. [Description and banner borrowed from On a Book Bender]
The Corner Newsstand
(This week on Creativity’s Corner)
- Monday I was supposed to write a review, but I couldn’t.
- Tuesday I reviewed Enshadowed by Kelly Creagh.
- Wednesday I put surprise road-tripping on my bucket list and participated in the Bout of Books page 48 challenge.
- Thursday I reviewed False Memory by Dan Krokos.
- Friday I discussed the fact that we will never be able to read everything we want to.
Behind the Desk
(My life behind the scenes)
It seriously feels like this week was ALL THE THINGS week.
- Bout of Books 6.0 happened. I failed because life got in the way. But I’m not entirely unhappy about that, because it was good life things, instead of bad life things getting in the way.
- I was invited, made travel arrangements for, and attended an interview for a position at a graduate program. It went better than I could have possibly dreamed it would. I don’t want to jinx it, so I won’t make any predictions, but let’s just say I have a really good feeling about it. Plus, I loved everybody I met, which just makes it that much better.
- I FOUND THE BOOK! I haven’t done a post about this in a while, but there is this book that I read and loved in Junior High/High School. I borrowed it from a friend, and like an idiot, I didn’t write down anything about it, so neither of us could figure out what the books was. I’ve tried everything I could think of online to find somebody who might know what it was. Nobody seemed to have any clue. AND THEN! While staying with some friends of the family (cheaper than paying for a hotel to do my interview) I was browsing their bookshelves (yes, I do this. I can’t help it) and THERE IT WAS! I couldn’t believe it! After YEARS of searching for this book and hitting myself over the head for being an idiot, it was just sitting innocently on a shelf. I can now say with confidence that it is called Enchantress from the Stars by Sylvia Engdahl, and it is a must-read for anyone who likes fairy tale retellings. And there’s a sequel that I never new about. EEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
Around the Corner
(Blog posts I found awesome since the last post)
- Erica (The Book Cellar) is talking about starting a College Blogger discussion series. I have this one MEGA-bookmarked, because I’m hoping *fingers-crossed* I’ll be needing it soon.
- Pushy (Bewitched Bookworms) wanted to know how we read.
- Kelly (Reading the Paranormal) discussed short stories and novellas. I am TERRIBLE at getting these read – for some reason short stories don’t tend to work for me.
- Vicky (Books, Biscuits and Tea) rambled about audiobooks.
(Books I’ve read in the past week and books I plan to read next. Includes stats for any challenges I’m currently participating in.)
- Ill Wind by Rachel Caine – Pretty good. I’ll definitely be checking out the rest of the series sometime along, though it’s not a NEED NOW kind of situation.
- The Last Dragonslayer by Jasper Fforde – Review coming 2/5
- A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness – Review coming 2/7
- The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan (re-read)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone by J.K. Rowling (reread)
Bingo Squares crossed off this week:
- B1 (Something off your TBR): Origin by Jessica Khoury (forgot to list last week)
- B2: Ill Wind by Rachel Caine, The Last Dragonslayer by Jasper Fforde
Seriously Series books read:
- Still none. I should get on that.