Clock Rewinders on a Book Binge is where Tara @ 25 Hour Books and Amanda @ On a Book Bender shamelessly plug each other, share the fantastic posts, giveaways, or whatever else we’ve found and loved by other awesome bloggers (or authors!) during the week, and talk about the books we plan on reading in the coming week. [Description and banner borrowed from On a Book Bender]
The Corner Newsstand
(This week on Creativity’s Corner)
- Monday I reviewed the Bond flick Quantum of Solace. Why do I keep picking the gory movies?!
- Tuesday I complained about the slow start to Unraveling but decided I liked it in the end. A lot of you apparently liked it too!
- Wednesday I asked for more Elves in fantasy! Where did they all go?
- Thursday I was surprised that I liked Switched. But I really did!
- Friday I asked about your dream libraries and described mine.
Behind the Desk
(My life behind the scenes)
I totally got Kristilyn addicted to Doctor Who! YAY! This is kind of backfiring though because now whenever I want to talk to her she’s all “Leave me alone! I want to watch!” (Just kidding. Mostly. *huggles Kristilyn*) To be fair, she got me hooked on crocheting and I spent all day yesterday making stuff and accomplishing absolutely NOTHING! lol
Around the Corner
(Blog posts I found awesome since the last post)
- Amanda (On a Book Bender) discussed review writing quirks. She also had a pretty great post on her business site about building community.
- Felicia (Geeky Blogger’s Book Blog) confessed to hating love triangles. I can’t say I blame her.
- Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner) told us why she loves to read acknowledgements.
- Rachel (Fikt-shun) had a great post called “Blogosphere or Battleground.” I think I fall somewhere in the middle, and the battleground side frustrates me to no end!
- On the other side of things, Mary (Book Swarm) had a beautiful post on the GOOD parts of blogging.
- Danny (Bewitched Bookworms) talked about mood, phase and genre specific reading.
- Erica (The Book Cellar) recommended keeping to a routine as part of her College Blogger series. Great advice for everyone, not just college bloggers!
(Books I’ve read in the past week and books I plan to read next. Also includes challenge updates)
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer
- The Gathering Storm by Robin Bridges – Review 2/21?
- Death Cloud by Andrew Lane – Review 2/26?
In between at the moment. Deciding between:
- Power Under Pressure by Andrew Mayer
- Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor
- The Power of Six by Pittacus Lore
Bingo Squares crossed off this week:
- B3 (3 off TBR pile):
- A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness – Review: 2/7
- The Crowfield Curse by Pat Walsh – Review: 2/14?
- The Gathering Storm by Robin Bridges – Review: 2/19?
Seriously Series books read:
None. BUT I got a bunch out of the library TO read, if that counts?