Hello everyone! It’s been a while hasn’t it?!
First off let me say that yesterday was my 3 year blogiversary! It has been a wonderful time and I am so glad that I chose to fill my spare time with this project.
My life has changed a lot over the past 3 years, and this is where the sad news comes in. Getting ready for grad school (at least when you’re a music major and they require several entrance exams) takes a lot of time. Getting ready to move out of state takes a lot of time. Doing both together means that my days are overfull. And unfortunately, that means blogging has to take a backseat. I honestly don’t want it to! But right now my blogging process goes something like this:
1) Realize as I’m going to sleep that I didn’t manage to do anything for the blog today… AGAIN.
2) promise myself that tomorrow, after I finish these TEN THINGS on my to-do list (and after work of course) I may work on my blog.
3) (tomorrow) come straight home from work and begin working on that to-do list.
4) finish the 8th or 9th thing on the list and realize that it is now 10:30 PM and I have to be up again at 6 am.
5) feel guilty that I have YET AGAIN failed to blog and swear up and down as I climb into bed that I will do it tomorrow (after I finish these 10 things on my to do list, plus that one I didn’t get to today.)
As much as I love you guys, and as much as I love blogging about books, I cannot have this guilt in my life any longer. And so, it’s with deep regret that I place the blog on semi-permanent hiatus. I’m not ready to completely give up yet. I have a few posts still scheduled that will run sporadically over the next few weeks, and I hope to be able to check in every once in a while with a short recommendations post or the like. In the meantime, I wish you all well, and I hope to see you around Twitter sometime. *passes around cookies and hugs while trying not to cry*